Arbitration and Mediation
Alternative dispute resolution is often used to avoid costly and time consuming litigation. Our clients are often party to agreements that require exhaustion of mediation and/or arbitration remedies before a dispute can proceed to court. Our Arbitration and Mediation practice includes representation of a variety of clients in arbitration proceedings and mediations; our attorneys are also hired to act as arbitrators or mediators in a diverse array of business and personal disputes.
Our practice in this area is very specific to the client’s subject matter and legal needs. Our attorneys who are hired to act as neutral third parties in the less formal role of a mediator, or more formal role of an arbitrator, have received training through the American Arbitration Association, the New Hampshire Superior Court or other institutions.
- Acted as an arbitrator in a dispute involving a large industrial customer and a municipal electric utility
- Represented a client in an arbitration proceeding that arose from a construction contract dispute
- Acted as a neutral third party to resolve a dispute between two parties to a contract for environmental cleanup
- Routinely act as a certified marital mediator in divorce and other family law cases, and represent parties in mediation and Collaborative Practice matters
- Businesses and individuals with a variety of interests who face pending or potential legal actions and who wish to resolve their disputes outside of the court room