Peter F. Burger
Peter’s areas of focus are hospitality, mergers and acquisitions, business counseling and succession planning. He assists domestic and international clients with buying and selling businesses, and offers his business clients well planned solutions that create value and afford certainty. As lead counsel, Peter has managed the acquisition, sale, financing (both debt and private equity), and franchising of multiple portfolios of hotels; the acquisition of a significant plumbing and heating supply business; the sale of a fire arms company; management buyouts of existing companies and countless other transactions. He has helped implement sophisticated business succession plans in the hospitality, automotive, and consumer product sectors.
Served as lead counsel:
- The sale, purchase and finance of $150 Million in hotel transactions in each of the past three years.
- $50+ Million beverage wholesale distribution acquisition
- Sale of artisanal chocolate company to Korean buyer
- Sale of national meat processing company to Canadian buyer
In his free time, Peter plays centerfield for his +40 baseball team, swings a golf club like most amateurs and loves to ski with his two sons, wife and most anyone else who says yes to his invitation. He speaks German fluently.
Chambers USA, the leading global attorney ranking service, places Peter in its top tier and describes him as “a terrific transactional lawyer” with a concentration on major regional transactions representing both buyers and sellers.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Directors and Vice Chair, New Hampshire Public Radio
- Commissioner, Concord Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Past Board Chair, Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors and Former President, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire
- Board of Directors, Education For All Children
- Regional Board Member, New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- Board of Directors, New Hampshire Business Committee for the Arts
Honors & Distinctions
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America since 2008 for corporate law and real estate
- Recognized as a New England Super Lawyer, Corporate Law since 2008
- Recognized in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers since 2005 for corporate/mergers and acquisitions
- Member and State Chair of The American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Recipient of the SBA Special Advocate of the Year
- The Effect of Recent Amendments to the New Hampshire Interest & Dividends Tax on Distributions From Your LLC – 3/23/2010, John Zaremba and Peter Burger